Tag! I'm it.
The rules ::
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Random and weird sounds a lot like me.
1. I had my last baby at 42. My ob-gyn kept telling me, "nothing good happens after 38 weeks when you are 42." I just laughed at him but got increasingly more klutzy. I finally let him induce me (but still had natural childbirth) after I pulled a huge, heavy glass front bookcase on top of myself at 39 weeks. The final straw, though, was realizing he could induce on the 4th of the month and I would have some hope of remembering this child's birthdate, because it is so embarrassing to be talking to the doctors office when you have four children and have to struggle to remember whose birthday is who. This makes the nurse thing you are probably an axe murderer. So, my fourth child was born on the fourth.
2. My guilty pleasure is reading science fantasy. I love the Dragon Riders of Pern series. Really. Even my seventeen year old thinks this makes me a nerd.
3. I like the band REM and once saw them, before they were big and famous, sitting in the 8th row of a small theater in Washington D.C. That was about a million years ago.
4. I once lived with ten cats, Ollie, Kitty, Elvis, Zoom, Iggy, Lily, Scaramouch, Louie, Jezabel, and Kliban. My youngest child is named for Ollie the Cat. He is technically named for his Uncle Bill. Oliver is his middle name, but he goes by it. As the Judge likes to say, you get to do that with your fourth child. Of course, we named our third child for his favorite dog, a Great Dane from his childhood.
5. I had too many unexcused absences from high school to graduate, despite being a straight A student. Since this was back in the good old days, my Granddaddy went to talk to the principle and everything worked out.
Those are my five very random things, since I'm pre-coffee. I tag:
1. Belinda, because she lives the most exotic, artistic life of anyone I know.
2. Selena Mordue, because she is so cool and because I love her blog.
3. Karen Owen, my wonderful roommate at retreats and partner in
crime art, one of the sweetest and most artistic souls I know.
4. Fellow Alabamian, Shirley, who makes the most beautiful art and keeps the loveliest blog.
5. Joanne Thieme Huffman, both because she is who I want to be when (if?) I grow up and because you must go to her blog and see her incredible graphic artwork, Annie Warhol, which is so wonderful.
Tag. Y'all are it now.